Connect with us

Sports

Former RCB star Tabraiz Shamsi says learning new things in tournaments like IPL is more important than money

Published

on

Former RCB star Tabraiz Shamsi says learning new things in tournaments like IPL is more important than money


South African spinner Tabraiz Shamsi reflected on his league cricket experience in a recent interview.

He denied the perception that foreign players participate in T20 leagues and county cricket because of greed. In his view, gaining experience from tournaments mattered more than money.

Tabraiz Shamsi is the number one bowler in the ICC T20I Rankings right now. His brilliant performances in league cricket earned him a place in the South African cricket team.

While Shamsi played for the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the IPL, he has also been part of St Kitts and Nevis Patriots in the Caribbean Premier League. He has also earned contracts from multiple county clubs in England.

Speaking to Pak Passion on Monday (May 3), Tabraiz gave his opinion on T20 leagues and county cricket.

“I find that it has helped my game quite a lot playing in the CPL, IPL and English County Cricket. People see it as a money thing and say that the players are participating in these tournaments for greed. Personally speaking, of course you do earn a bit of money but what is most important are the things that you learn from the people who are not really in your circle,” said Tabraiz Shamsi.

Speaking of Shamsi’s IPL career, the 31-year-old got an opportunity to play in the 2016 edition of the competition when RCB signed him as a replacement for Samuel Badree.

The Bangalore-based franchise reached the IPL final that year. Shamsi played four matches, picking up three wickets at an economy rate of 9.19.

AB de Villiers is a world-class player: Tabraiz Shamsi

AB de Villiers could make a return to international cricket
AB de Villiers could make a return to international cricket

Tabraiz Shamsi shared the dressing room with AB de Villiers at Royal Challengers Bangalore during IPL 2016.

The former South Africa skipper has quit all formats of international cricket, but could soon return to the global arena. When asked about his thoughts on De Villiers’ potential comeback, Shamsi replied:

“AB is a world-class player and he walks into any team and that’s how good he is, it doesn’t matter whether it’s England or Australia or South Africa. I don’t know what AB’s situation is, it all depends on how he feels and how the coach feels and the selectors too. But, let’s be honest, a player like that is hard to ignore.”






Source link

Sports

Australian IPL Cricketers Land In Sydney After Fleeing Covid-Hit India | Cricket News

Published

on

Australian IPL Cricketers Land In Sydney After Fleeing Covid-Hit India | Cricket News


Australian IPL Cricketers Land In Sydney After Fleeing Covid-Hit India

Steve Smith, Marcus Stoinis and Moises Henriques were among the Australians at the IPL.© Delhi Capitals/Twitter




Australian cricketers arrived back in Sydney on a charter flight Monday, more than a week after fleeing Covid-stricken India for the Maldives, local media reported. Cricket authorities had been rushing to evacuate players and support staff after the lucrative Indian Premier League was suspended earlier this month as coronavirus cases surged in the country. National broadcaster ABC reported that players including Steve Smith and David Warner were on board an Air Seychelles plane that touched down in Sydney about 7:30 am local time.

A group of 38 players, coaches, officials and TV commentators had reportedly been staying in the Maldives, after leaving India on May 6 aboard a charter flight arranged and paid for by the Board of Control for Cricket in India.

Two days ago the Australian government lifted a temporary ban that threatened citizens attempting to return from India with jail, paving the way for the group to return.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said Sunday the cricketers had not been given any special treatment, and would be coming back “under their own steam, on their own ticket”.

They are now expected to undergo 14 days of quarantine in a Sydney hotel, as part of strict border controls that have largely contained the spread of the virus in Australia.

Adam Zampa, Andrew Tye and Kane Richardson had left their IPL teams ahead of the larger Australian contingent, and were due to have completed quarantine last week.

Promoted

The IPL started in early April with the decision to go ahead in the face of a deepening health crisis prompting criticism from some observers, while others defended it as a welcome distraction for the embattled Indian public.

India reported more than 310,000 new infections and 4,000 deaths on Sunday, with the official number of Covid fatalities in the nation of 1.3 billion people now exceeding 250,000.

Topics mentioned in this article



Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

“Sorry for the delay” – Tesla CEO Elon Musk responds to Beneil Dariush’s callout

Published

on

“Sorry for the delay” – Tesla CEO Elon Musk responds to Beneil Dariush’s callout


Following his win over Tony Ferguson at UFC 262, Dariush “called out” Elon Musk. He told Joe Rogan that he ordered a Tesla back in December last year, which was expected to be delivered in March 2021.

Now, though, Elon Musk has made sure that Beneil Dariush gets his Tesla delivered soon. The 49-year-old billionaire noted on Twitter that the UFC lightweight will soon receive his car. Musk also apologized to Dariush for the two-month delay in delivery.

At the post-fight press conference, Dariush revealed he ordered the car to make things convenient for his pregnant wife.

“(In) December, I ordered my car. I ordered the safest car they told me. It’s the best car for my pregnant wife and I’m still waiting. Elon, bro? What’s the deal, man? You told me March, we are coming up in June. I want my car. Come on, bud. Big fan, but this is disrespect,” said Dariush.

Well-known for interacting with his customers on Twitter, Musk later responded to Dariush via a tweet. He wrote:

“Coming soon. Sorry for the delay!”

Interestingly, Musk has joined the board of directors of Endeavor Group Holdings, which is the parent company of the UFC. Endeavor recently went public and is set to acquire 100% ownership of the world’s leading MMA promotion.

Beneil Dariush is now on a seven-fight winning streak in the UFC

UFC 262: Tony Ferguson v Beneil Dariush
UFC 262: Tony Ferguson v Beneil Dariush

Beneil Dariush’s victory over Tony Ferguson extended his winning streak to seven fights. The 32-year-old has finished four of his last seven opponents, making him a legitimate threat in the lightweight division.

Dariush had been clamoring for a fight against a top-ranked fighter for a long time. The UFC finally granted his wish after they announced that he will go up against Ferguson at UFC 262.

Now that he has defeated fifth-ranked Ferguson, it is likely that Dariush will find himself skyrocketing into the top five of the lightweight division. After UFC 262, Dana White confirmed that Dariush will possibly fight a top-five lightweight in his next outing.

The Iran-born fighter is 15-4 in the UFC. His overall professional MMA record stands at 21-4-1.






Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Roman Reigns sends final warning to Cesaro before Wrestlemania Backlash

Published

on

Roman Reigns sends final warning to Cesaro before Wrestlemania Backlash


Tonight at WrestleMania Backlash, Roman Reigns will defend the Universal Championship against Cesaro. It’s a match that the WWE Universe believes can easily steal the show.

Ahead of tonight’s Universal title defense, Reigns took to social media to give one last warning to The Swiss Superman before they meet in the ring this evening.

“Waited a long time to get knocked down to the bottom of the line. #WMBacklash #AcknowledgeMe,” Reigns tweeted.

It’s clear that Roman Reigns is very confident heading into tonight’s match with Cesaro, but will overconfidence cost The Tribal Chief his Universal Championship? We’ll find out soon enough.

Can Cesaro defeat Roman Reigns at WrestleMania Backlash?

Cesaro doesn’t lack confidence either, heading into his first one-on-one opportunity at the WWE Universal Championship.

While Cesaro has never defeated Roman Reigns in a singles match in WWE, he’s more than prepared to score the biggest upset of his career tonight at WrestleMania Backlash.

Cesaro took to social media yesterday to send a simple message to the WWE Universe ahead of his Universal title match.

“I know I can,” Cesaro tweeted.

With dissension currently in The Bloodline due to the recent return of Jimmy Uso, could these distractions end up costing Roman Reigns the Universal Championship tonight?

Reigns has often relied on Jey Uso to help him retain his championship in recent months. If Jey is preoccupied with his brother Jimmy, this could open the door for Cesaro to hit the Neutralizer and capture his first Universal Championship.

Are you excited for the WWE Universal Championship match tonight between Roman Reigns and Cesaro? Who do you think will win? Let us know your thoughts by sounding off in the comments section below.






Source link

Continue Reading

Trending