Connect with us

Sports

IPL 2021: How to send the overseas players home?

Published

on

IPL 2021: How to send the overseas players home?


The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has touched base with the overseas cricket boards and the embassies to ensure the overseas cricketers return home safely.

Even though Australia and England have issued travel restrictions, Sportstar understands that the Board is working in tandem with the franchises to plan things out. While players from England and South Africa could be flown back via charter flights, there seems to be some ambiguity over the Australian players as direct flights from India are banned till May 15.

“Cricket Australia and the Australian Cricketers’ Association understand the decision of the BCCI to indefinitely postpone the 2021 Indian Premier League for the safety and wellbeing of all participants,” Cricket Australia said in a statement.


COVID-19 hits IPL 2021 LIVE Updates: Australia, South Africa boards react on players return after IPL postponement

 

“CA is in direct contact with the BCCI as they work through plans to ensure the safe accommodation and repatriation of Australian players, coaches, match officials and commentators back home to Australia. CA and the ACA respect the decision of the Australian Government to pause travel from India until at least May 15 and will not seek exemptions,” the CA said.

Players from teams who are already in quarantine will have to be in isolation will have to complete a mandatory six day quarantine before being allowed to leave the bubble.

“The BCCI has reached out to the concerned authorities and the embassies to ensure that players head home safely. The franchises will completely support the board and ensure everything falls in place,” a franchise official said.



IPL 2021 postponed due to Covid-19 cases


After COVID cases in IPL 2021, T20 World Cup could shift to UAE

 

Cricket South Africa, too, issued a statement on supporting the decision to put the health and safety interests of all involved in the tournament first and foremost. It has made contact with all of the relevant franchises to ensure the expedited travel of all South African players and support staff back to our shores. “Those travelling back to South Africa will undergo home quarantine in line with the current World Health Organization recommendations,” the CSA said.

The CSA and the South African Cricketers Association (SACA) are in contact with all players and are assured of their safety and comfort in their respective locations.



Source link

Sports

“Sorry for the delay” – Tesla CEO Elon Musk responds to Beneil Dariush’s callout

Published

on

“Sorry for the delay” – Tesla CEO Elon Musk responds to Beneil Dariush’s callout


Following his win over Tony Ferguson at UFC 262, Dariush “called out” Elon Musk. He told Joe Rogan that he ordered a Tesla back in December last year, which was expected to be delivered in March 2021.

Now, though, Elon Musk has made sure that Beneil Dariush gets his Tesla delivered soon. The 49-year-old billionaire noted on Twitter that the UFC lightweight will soon receive his car. Musk also apologized to Dariush for the two-month delay in delivery.

At the post-fight press conference, Dariush revealed he ordered the car to make things convenient for his pregnant wife.

“(In) December, I ordered my car. I ordered the safest car they told me. It’s the best car for my pregnant wife and I’m still waiting. Elon, bro? What’s the deal, man? You told me March, we are coming up in June. I want my car. Come on, bud. Big fan, but this is disrespect,” said Dariush.

Well-known for interacting with his customers on Twitter, Musk later responded to Dariush via a tweet. He wrote:

“Coming soon. Sorry for the delay!”

Interestingly, Musk has joined the board of directors of Endeavor Group Holdings, which is the parent company of the UFC. Endeavor recently went public and is set to acquire 100% ownership of the world’s leading MMA promotion.

Beneil Dariush is now on a seven-fight winning streak in the UFC

UFC 262: Tony Ferguson v Beneil Dariush
UFC 262: Tony Ferguson v Beneil Dariush

Beneil Dariush’s victory over Tony Ferguson extended his winning streak to seven fights. The 32-year-old has finished four of his last seven opponents, making him a legitimate threat in the lightweight division.

Dariush had been clamoring for a fight against a top-ranked fighter for a long time. The UFC finally granted his wish after they announced that he will go up against Ferguson at UFC 262.

Now that he has defeated fifth-ranked Ferguson, it is likely that Dariush will find himself skyrocketing into the top five of the lightweight division. After UFC 262, Dana White confirmed that Dariush will possibly fight a top-five lightweight in his next outing.

The Iran-born fighter is 15-4 in the UFC. His overall professional MMA record stands at 21-4-1.






Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Roman Reigns sends final warning to Cesaro before Wrestlemania Backlash

Published

on

Roman Reigns sends final warning to Cesaro before Wrestlemania Backlash


Tonight at WrestleMania Backlash, Roman Reigns will defend the Universal Championship against Cesaro. It’s a match that the WWE Universe believes can easily steal the show.

Ahead of tonight’s Universal title defense, Reigns took to social media to give one last warning to The Swiss Superman before they meet in the ring this evening.

“Waited a long time to get knocked down to the bottom of the line. #WMBacklash #AcknowledgeMe,” Reigns tweeted.

It’s clear that Roman Reigns is very confident heading into tonight’s match with Cesaro, but will overconfidence cost The Tribal Chief his Universal Championship? We’ll find out soon enough.

Can Cesaro defeat Roman Reigns at WrestleMania Backlash?

Cesaro doesn’t lack confidence either, heading into his first one-on-one opportunity at the WWE Universal Championship.

While Cesaro has never defeated Roman Reigns in a singles match in WWE, he’s more than prepared to score the biggest upset of his career tonight at WrestleMania Backlash.

Cesaro took to social media yesterday to send a simple message to the WWE Universe ahead of his Universal title match.

“I know I can,” Cesaro tweeted.

With dissension currently in The Bloodline due to the recent return of Jimmy Uso, could these distractions end up costing Roman Reigns the Universal Championship tonight?

Reigns has often relied on Jey Uso to help him retain his championship in recent months. If Jey is preoccupied with his brother Jimmy, this could open the door for Cesaro to hit the Neutralizer and capture his first Universal Championship.

Are you excited for the WWE Universal Championship match tonight between Roman Reigns and Cesaro? Who do you think will win? Let us know your thoughts by sounding off in the comments section below.






Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

What is a humerus fracture that Jacare Souza suffered against Andre Muniz at UFC 262?

Published

on

What is a humerus fracture that Jacare Souza suffered against Andre Muniz at UFC 262?


UFC middleweight Jacare Souza was immediately transferred to a local hospital after suffering a humerus fracture in his UFC 262 fight against Andre Muniz on May 15. One of the greatest submission artists himself, Souza was caught in a tight armbar that caused his arm to break with an audible snap – in a sold-out arena filled with thousands of loud and cheering fans. X-Rays revealed that the 41-year-old had suffered a humerus fracture that required emergency surgery.

What is a humerus fracture?

The humerus is the upper arm bone that runs from shoulder to elbow. Any type of break in this bone is referred to as a humerus fracture. Depending upon the location of the break/fracture, humerus fracture is categorized into three types – proximal (near the shoulder), mid-shaft, and distal (near the elbow) humerus fracture.

Several reasons cause Humerus fractures. However, the most common mechanical reasons for the humerus fracture are high-impact collisions, and hyperextension of the arm against a fulcrum, the latter being the case with Jacare Souza’s fracture.

An armbar is a submission hold employed in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu where a fighter uses his own groin as a fulcrum to hyperextend his opponent’s arm as a lever – which puts immense pressure on the forearm as well as bicep and causes either of the bones to snap when enough pressure is applied. A more relatable example – a wooden pencil (lever) breaking against the thumb (fulcrum).

Depending upon the severity of the damage, humerus fractures are treated with surgery, physical therapy, or a combination of both. While full recovery varies from individual to individual, severe humerus fractures can take up to several months for complete recovery.

Jacare Souza underwent successful emergency surgery

As reported by MMA Fighting, Jacare Souza’s long-time doctor, Rickson Moraes, said that the veteran fighter will undergo emergency surgery in the United States instead of flying back to his native Brazil. While giving an update on Souza’s condition, Moraes stated that Souza was doing generally better, apart from the fractured arm.

MMA journalist Alex Behunin recently broke the news of Jacare Souza’s successful surgery and posted a video of the veteran fighter where he is seen recovering in good spirits.






Source link

Continue Reading

Trending